The First Four Smart Author Podcasts Are Out!
Before I post the announcement from Smashwords, I’d like to take a moment to review the first two episodes of this four-part-series.
Let me just say, the information in these first two episodes was incredible.
Mr. Coker is an amazing presenter. He delivers well, has a great voice for doing so, and his information is factual, straight forward, and to the point.
His suggestions, and advice, are to my mind spot on, and anyone doing self-publishing, or considering self-publishing should listen to what he has to say.
I, learned things I did not know about…
• Formatting, those who do such, and how to find them.
• Beta Readers, and much much more.
If, the next two, and those scheduled to post after are as well-done as was this, I recommend it all.
1. The first four episodes of the Smart Author Podcast are out!
2. Participating in NaNoWriMo? Join our NaNoWriMo promo
3. Helpful Resources
1. SMART AUTHOR PODCAST – FIRST FOUR EPISODES AVAILABLE NOW!
The Smart Author Podcast kicked off today with the release of its first four episodes!
Hosted by Smashwords founder Mark Coker, The Smart Author Podcast guides writers step-by-step from the very basics of ebook publishing to more advanced topics. Think of it as a free masterclass in ebook publishing best practices.
If you’ve never had the opportunity to attend one of Mark’s recent classes at a writer’s conference, now’s your chance to do it from the comfort of your own home or car.
Where to Listen and Subscribe:
• Apple Podcasts – https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/smart-author/id1298180300?mt=2
• Stitcher – https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/mark-coker/smart-author
• Google Play Music – https://play.google.com/music/listen#/ps/Inyyeidlihl2vizh4cegieizsvu
• TuneIn – https://tunein.com/radio/Smart-Author-p1043483/
• SoundCloud – https://soundcloud.com/user-845581352
• Smashwords (Listen over your web browser) – https://smashwords.com/podcast
Today’s New Episodes (we recommend listening in sequential order):
• 1. 7 Trends Shaping the Future of Authorship – learn seven trends shaping your future as an author.
• 2. Introduction to Ebook Publishing – learn the basics of ebook publishing.
• 3. 16 Bestseller Secrets – learn how to make your book more discoverable, more desirable and more enjoyable to readers.
• 4. How to Sell More Ebooks with Preorders – learn how 12% of Smashwords authors are using preorders to vacuum up over 50% of the sales, and learn how you can put preorders to use today to make your next release more successful.
New episodes will air on the following schedule:
• 5. 11/3 – Working with Beta Readers
• 6. 11/10 – Marketing to Libraries
• 7. 11/17 – Smashwords Survey 2017
• 8. 11/24 – The Art of Delusion (How to keep writing despite inevitable challenges)
Following the release of each episode, we’ll post supplemental links and resources along with edited transcripts at our Smart Author hub page at Smashwords. The full transcripts for the first four episodes are up now!
Join us on Facebook at the official Smart Author Facebook Page where you can discuss each episode with fellow listeners, or pose questions following each episode.
Please take a moment to subscribe at your favorite podcast service so you don’t miss any episodes!
If you enjoy the episodes, please share with friend!
2. JOIN THE ANNUAL SMASHWORDS NANOWRIMO PROMO
National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) kicks off November 1.
Each month, thousands of writers around the world take on the challenge to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days.
If you’re participating in NaNoWriMo, join the Smashwords NaNoWriMo Promo! For the entire month of November, we’re showcasing the works in progress of Smashwords authors in a special NaNoWriMo Promo catalog on the Smashwords home page.
To join our promotional catalog and gain more exposure to readers, starting November 1 you can upload your WIP to a special NaNoWriMo version of the Smashwords publish page, and then as you make progress, just visit to your Smashwords Dashboard, click “upload new version,” and then your book and your word count progress will update on our NaNoWriMo Promo page.
More information at https://www.smashwords.com/about/nanowrimo
3. HELPFUL RESOURCES
• How to publish and distribute ebooks with Smashwords
• Frequently asked questions
• Smashwords Site Updates
• Smashwords blog (subscribe today via the email option!)
• How to Publish ebooks (4-part presentation)
• Smart Author Podcast
• Smashwords Video Workshops
• Create a Smashwords Interview (self-interviews)
• Smashwords Series Manager (Manage series metadata)
• Smashwords Coupon Manager (Create custom coupon codes)
• Connect with fellow Smashwords readers and authors at Facebook
• Mark’s List – Low cost cover designers and ebook formatters
Thanks for choosing Smashwords for your ebook publishing and distribution.
When you distribute with Smashwords, you’re directly supporting our ability to create exciting new tools and opportunities for you.
The Smashwords Team