Good morning CAMPBELLSWORLD VISITORS!!! I’m glad you dropped by. It’s a bit chili here in the Campbell Kingdom. We’re still hanging out in our nest on the Loveseat, and so far so good for the day.
It’s been a busy one, and we’re glad for the break. So sit yourselves down, enjoy a cup of Coffee, or whatever your morning brew of choice is, and I’ll catch you up on some things, and share some stuff I’ve learned…
I tell you, I never realized just how much stuff there is to do just taking care of simple everyday tasks. Do you have any idea how many trips we make back and forth throughout our houses each day just doing things like…
* Going to the bathroom
* taking care of laundry, dishes, and other everyday average household chores
* taking the dog out
* feeding and playing with said dog
* fixing something to eat, and then cleaning up after it
Good Goddess! I am exhausted just writing about it.
This morning at 5 minutes of 5 I woke needing to go to the bathroom. First trouble. Had left my cane somewhere else other than where I was. Second problem, didn’t have time to worry about it. First thing in the morning, when I gotta go, gotta go! (Laughing 😃
Well, I don’t need to explain why for the next few minutes I had to take a detour from my regularly scheduled morning program to…
hunt for and change into clean clothes, put a small load of laundry in the wash, and then go back to regularly scheduled activities of feeding, walking, and playing with Campbell.
Once this was done, I decided to lay back down. I flipped the coffee-pot I’d made ready with fresh coffee grounds, and water, to on, and went back to bed.
Soon Campbell was joining me, and after a brief love-fest we were snoozing.
I woke up an hour or so later, feeling pretty OK, but I would soon learn just how much energy it took to…
Make a cup of coffee, gather all my needed things for the morning such as…
* stereo remote, coffee, phone, and keyboard. Once all that was gathered and put on my rolling table, I settled in for what I thought would be a relaxing morning, and for the most part it was. Except for the…
* times I had to get up and down to go and refill my coffee cup, go to the bathroom, clean up morning dishes from the night before, not to mention cleaning off counters, and gathering all the rest of the dirty clothes. I needed to finish filling the washing machine so I could wash the load of laundry I’d started earlier in the day.
Once this was done, my coffee was empty again, and I needed to go back to the bathroom.
I laughed to myself as I went back for Claud, the quad cane I’d inherited with pride in spite of my painful and quite annoying knee, and then made my way back to my nest on the loveseat.
As I settled in again I sighed with relief, and even though the ice-pack on my knee is cold, and the knee is throbbing a bit, I am satisfied with my morning’s work. Just a little amazed at how much I went back and forth doing just normal things. I never paid any attention to all we do every day just taking care of ordinary things.
I guess I’m about to start learning about myself, and life around me in a whole new way. Wonder what wondrous lasting changes this will bring about? Isn’t that the way? With every sacrifice such as a knee injury comes some real gain?
I ask you? Come along with Campbell Claud and Me, and let us see what we might be. WEEE!
I know that I’m alive, because I can look behind me, and see the wreckage of my life.